The evaluation process for the IMC Juran Quality Medal is as follows :
- Nominations are received by the IMC Quality Cell.
- The IMC Quality Awards Committee shortlists the nominations.
- Individual members of the IMC Quality Awards Committee are assigned specific shortlisted nominations for further research, and compilation of a winning profiles.
- The IMC Quality Awards Committee presents the profiles of shortlisted candidates to the Panel of Judges, chaired by the previous year's IMC Juran Quality Medal recipient.
- The Panel of Judges recommends the name of a winner to the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trust.
- After scrutiny, the Trust confirms the selection of the winner.